NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
The goal of the position is to facilitate and insure the success of the Board of Cooperative Higher Education Services (BOCHES) vision: The vision of the Cooperative Higher Education Services Board is to be recognized as a leader in providing innovative life-long learning opportunities.
Duties shall consist of, but not be limited to the following:
1. Assist the Board in annual and long-range planning.
2. Increase communications with local businesses/industries and community colleges in order to strengthen career training.
3. Serve as a liaison between secondary and post-secondary institutions to enhance student transfer and career preparation.
4. Identify appropriate partnerships to support new career-technical program development.
5. Develop the annual BOCHES budget recommendation in conjunction with the Campbell County School District Superintendent of Schools, the President of the Northern Wyoming Community College District, and the Dean of the Gillette Campus.
6. Coordinate and facilitate regular meeting of the Board of Trustees.
7. Research and develop additional financial resources.
8. Other duties as assigned.
--EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB–
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND MENTAL ABILITY
Knowledge of career technical education programs, secondary and post-secondary.
Knowledge of business and industry standards and practices.
Ability to communicate positively with a variety of audiences.
Ability to work independently.
Ability to facilitate effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
Ability to write clearly and concisely.
Ability to think creatively.
Ability of work with people of various personality types.
Possess sound emotional judgment.
EDUCATION, LICENSE, CERTIFICATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
Master’s Degree in Career Technical Education or related field. Post-secondary education experience, Doctorate preferred.
Administrative experience preferred.
Computer/Printer Scanner VCR/DVD Player
Photocopy Machine FAX Machine LCD Projector
Have visual acuity and stamina to work at a computer monitor for 10% of the day.
Have physical stamina to speak for 3 or more hours at one time.
Have capability to operate independently (travel to and from outside locations).
Air conditioned building.
Occasional exposure to weather extremes.